Follow Beth's journey around the World

Monday 25 July 2011

BKSA Hunstanton


Fitting into the calendar quite nicely I had a spare weekend off sailing regattas, so travelled up to Hunstanton in Norfolk for a round of the British Kitesurfing Association Freestyle tour.  These kitesurfing events are always so much fun with a good bunch of friends riding and pushing each other on the water.
It is always a bit of a shock for me riding in uk conditions, with the tidal range causing forever changing conditions on the water, not like Cas en Bas beach! Oh and riding with thermals and wetsuits takes some getting used to!
The Saturday of the event was an eye opener, and made me realise how hard core the british riders really are, as in lashing rain all day the riders still went out and put on a show (back home we'd normally be in the bar with a rum on those conditions!).  Luckily the pros heat were not held till Sunday, when the rain cleared up and made for some sweet riding conditions.
Once again only having a 10m kite in my quiver and the rest of the girls riding 7/8m's I for sure had plenty of power to play with, a bit too much at times which could only mean a bit of old school riding to mix things up!
Riding around with a smile on my face all day, this event was definately good fun and it was nice being on the water with some other quality riders all enjoying the moment.
I came out with a podium position of 2nd place, which I'm happy with and as I learn how to ride in competition formats will improve on that.

Next stop is back in the Laser at the Olympic Test event down in Weymouth.

Ride hard and live the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment