Follow Beth's journey around the World

Friday 6 May 2011

Follow your dream

WELCOME!
Growing up sailing, my dream was always to compete in the Olympic Games. As I dedicated the last ten years of my life to kitesurfing, the olympics seemed like a distant unachievable goal......until now!
Ive been pushing my level of riding in kitesurfing watching the sport evolve, and after some travelling, 7 years ago found my island paradise of St Lucia.  Cas en Bas beach for me is truely an amazing spot, and those who have been lucky enough to enjoy a good powered easterly session there know exactly what Im talking about!
Life is about all about challenges, and I'm Ready!
Back in a Laser Radial.....the dream.....to qualify St Lucia for the 2012 Olympic Games.
A very physical boat to sail fast, my life at the moment is all about getting Stronger, Faster and Fitter to take on the opposition.  There really is no problem in motivating myself to get out and train in our world class sailing conditions in beautiful Lucian waters.
Follow me as I'll be sharing my thoughts with you over the next few months.
I have some very important regattas I will be competing in this summer leading up to the big one.... the Olympic qualifiers...ISAF World Championships in December in Perth.
This Summer there are sure to be high points and lows as I travel around Europe and Australia to get important regatta experience to push me up the fleet.
I appreciate all of your support and belief.

Enjoy your time on the water


My next event: ISAF World Cup in Weymouth first week of June.


The question I get asked the most in the boat park:
"So which country are you from?" (LCA clearly printed on my sail)
Answer Proudly:
"St Lucia, gassa, St Lucia!"

1 comment:

  1. All the support you can get from us Beth! St Lucia Yacht Club

    ReplyDelete